Help the Event Organizers plan -- SIGN UP on the Events page.
* District 8 Championship - Lake Yosemite Sailing Association (LYSA), Merced, Ca May 18 - 19
* Windmill Class Midwestern Championship - Hoover Sailing Club, Westerville, OH - Jun 1-2
* RHYC Down River Race - Rock Hall YC, Maryland - Jun 14
* RHYC Annual One Design Regatta (Dist 3 Championship) - Rock Hall YC, Maryland - Jun 15-16
* Clear Lake Regatta - Clear Lake, Ca - Jun 15-16
* 2013 Windmill National Championship - Fishing Bay YC, Deltaville, Va - July 18-21
** The notice of race has been posted and online registration is now open visit THIS LINK for more details.
Read the letter from Ethan|
Here is a Price Sheet for the new boat.
And a Parts List.
NOW AVAILABLE from Johannsen Boat Works!|
Pictures are in the Photos section: New Johannsen Windmill!! 5700
CUSTOM WINDMILL FOR SALE
– REDUCED PRICING FOR CLASS ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- More information in THIS MESSAGE under Boats for Sale.
- Contact Information: George Kuney (215) 465-8541 10AM to 11PM.
- email: email@example.com Subject: Windmill
Here is a video on YouTube
File Photo: 2010 MidwesternsColin and Nikki Plane on Sunday!
The Windmill is a 15 1/2 foot, 2-person racing dinghy designed by boat-builder Clark Mills in 1953. Having designed the Optimist Pram in 1947, Clark saw a need for a 2-person high performance dingy that can be inexpensively constructed by amateur builders. The class has since evolved with the times to allow fiberglass construction and aluminum spars, yet both wooden and fiberglass Windmills remain equally competitive. The Windmill is a born racer. Its narrow, hard-chined planing hull provides high performance. Being a non-trapeze, non-spinnaker boat makes the Windmill accessible to a wide range of sailing skills.
Contact the class officers for more informaion.
Length Overall 15' 6"
Length Waterline (LWL) 13' 8"
Beam 4' 9"
Sail Area 119 sq. ft.
Draft - Board Down 4' 2" / Board Up 6"
Mast Height 20' 3"
Minimum Hull Weight 198 lbs
Level 89.7 Light air 92.3 Medium 91.4 Heavy 86.4
The Windmill Class is a National Association of Owners and Builders of the Windmill One-Design Sailboat. Clark Mills designed the Windmill to be a challenging and exciting boat for teens to sail when they graduated from his Opti design. Today the Windmill Class brings families together from across the country to enjoy the thrill of friendly rivalry on the water and camaraderie ashore.
The Jouster newsletter.
What's been happening in your life with your Windmill? What projects are you in the middle of? What projects have you completed? What did you learn - success and would have done different? District Commodores - Please send a report about what's going on in your area. Photos are welcome also.
Contact the Jouster editor, Elizabeth Dietz, by clicking her name in the Class Contacts list at the right.
And if you haven't yet done so - go green - Go to the Jouster link above and SIGN UP for the eJouster
The Windmill Class utilizes Yahoo Groups for our communications.
You can go directly to the WINDMILL Group page by clicking here: Windmill Class Yahoo Group
The Windmill Class is also on Facebook using the name Clark Mills
Visit the wall to see what's new in Windmill Sailing
Looking to Build or Buy an NEW WINDMILL?